Currently, there are 2.6 Billion people in the world who access social media pages channels (statistica.com). According to Facebook, 1.9 billion login to Facebook monthly. That is a lot of people!
“There are currently 55 million US Hispanics, accounting for 17% of the total US population with $1.2 trillion in purchasing power” (U.S Facebook Study).
What do we know about Hispanic communities in social media?
- Culturally and socially the Hispanic population is adapting more and more to technology; therefore, social media pages are still growing among the population.
- According to Facebook, 96.9% of Hispanics log in to Facebook via mobile devices.
- Hispanic families are already using Facebook to connect with their loved ones. They are familiar with it, and it is easy to use.
- The Hispanic culture values family time and bonding. This means they will post, share and like each other pages as a form of support.
The marketing opportunity for Catholic schools is significant! Here is why:
- Utilizing social media pages, you can reach more families in your community. How? Facebook has a pretty cool tool called Affinity Groups, where you can tailor your ads to a specific cultural group.
- Majority of Hispanic parents have at least one job and are often a bit disconnected from school events. By posting school events, pictures and live videos you can share the many great things students are doing in school, and give their families the opportunity to be present in a different way.
- Word-of-mouth is still very predominant! Parents will share with each other what they see on social media.
- Engage your current parents by asking them what they want to see on social media pages, ask them to be contributors as well. This will show a great sense of community in your school.
- Keep the engagement by posting something every day. It can be a picture, an event, something inspirational or something related to the community. You can mix it up between news feed posts and stories. Most importantly, celebrate Hispanic culture!
- Last, but not least… Digital marketing gives you the opportunity to celebrate Catholic identity on social media!